If you don't already know, let me be the first to tell you...your body has an absolutely amazing ability, to heal itself. I mean from something small like healing from a sliver or scratch, heal ailments you may visit the doctor for, to cancer. Yes! If you can grow a human being inside your body (sorry men, I guess just the women are the only ones amazing enough to do that, but men are pretty cool too) without even thinking once how to do it, your body is pretty darn powerful. Lets look at a simple scratch. You don't have to think about how to build a scab or repair the broken skin, your body does all that without you ever once giving it an ounce of thought.
So when we have ailments going on that we take medicine for or go to the doctor for, do you think there may be another answer? Sometimes, yes! So for right now, lets just focus on how can we remain healthy. There are 5 simple things you can do that are crucial to allowing your body to heal naturally.
1. Let thy food be thy medicine - food has an amazing ability to heal us. If we are nutrient deficient do you think your body can heal or function properly? How do you track your nutrient quality? Chronometer.com is my favorite website to track my nutrient intake. Plus there are many online and book resources to look up what foods have medicinal effects on certain ailments.
2. Exercise - Not just great for your figure, strength and cardio vascular system. Those are all great benefits. But when you exercise, your blood vessels all open up to bring oxygen, nutrients, and the immune system to all areas and organs of the body. You can also do this by using an infrared sauna!
3. Sleep - When we sleep our body heals. If you aren't sleeping, your body is not getting that time to repair and rebuild itself.
4. Meditation / Prayer - The mind, body, and soul are all connected. If you let stress rule your life, it will rule your health. Have a healthy outlet for stress! 1 Peter 5:7 says Give all your worries and cares to God. Your nervous system memories and records everything, so if you do not have a healthy outlet for your stress, it will become ingrained in your body, and manifest itself thru aches, pains, anxiety, and ailments. I tell patients all the time that the primary reason I have to adjustment people in 2019 is the stress trapped in their body causing neurological issues. In 1920 the #1 reason people got adjusted was from physical trauma, like falling off the tractor or getting kicked by a horse. Don't let stress bring you down.
5. A Nervous System functioning at 100% - This is why what I do is so incredibly special! If your brain and body don't have great communication, how well can your body work? I don't know either, but its not good! Your brain controls every single function in your body. If it isn't working at 100%, then you can put the worlds best nutrition in your body and it cant work to its fullest potential. You can exercise your heart out, but it wont have the greatest impact. You can sleep 24 hours a day, and not fully regenerate/heal. Why? because if your nervous system isn't working at 100%, that means your body cannot function at 100%, which means you are not getting 100% out of life. Make sense?
Gosh I hope you have gotten some fun info from this. It sure has sparked a lot of fun conversation in the office! Take care and chat soon! As always, if there is any topics you'd like me to do a video on, please let me know.